When The Veil Falls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Cbox
Affiliates
Our Button
"5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) 61186238-143b-4cde-b199-2bc739e1a32e_zpsbf168ce6

Our Affiliates
Mortal Ends

"5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

"5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) Empty
PostSubject: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:47 pm

Unlike in Hawaii Five-Oh, members of the Starling City Supernatural Task Force did not get to drive around in shiny Camaros with light bars in the grill.  But they did get marked Dodge Chargers, so there was a bit of flash in their arrival other than the aforementioned lights and sirens.  It was in one of these vehicles that Detective Lance Stone came in sirens blazing to the cordoned off nondescript row home in Downtown.  Everything was neat on the exterior, but there was no curb appeal.  That was a shame really, as getting anything downtown was extremely difficult.  He pulled his police shield up from underneath his POLICE body armor and let the brass reflect the sunlight before slamming the driver's side door shut.  His partner, Detective Derek Maddox, did the same on the other side.

"What have we got," Lance asked the officer in charge of site security.  

"Started off as a regular domestic dispute complaint," the man replied.  "S'why we didn't call you in before.  When the first responders arrived at the residence, it went as was expected."  Which was to say that the aggressor did not back down initially and probably fired a few expletives at the officers.  "After a few more attempts to defuse the situation, the residence started to shake and furniture barricaded the entrance."

"Like in the hospital last month?" Maddox chimed in.

"No, sir.  More like everything just fell over.  Like an earthquake, not a psychic blast."

At least a telekinetic blast could be contained.  Seismic activity...

Maddox had already come to that train of thought.  "Have the utility companies closed off the mains?"  One strong vibration and the street could turn into a watery fireball.  As paradoxical as that sounded, stranger things had happened since Halloween.

"Yes, we contacted them.  Techs are en route but may be held up due to a red light runner on Broad."

Well this is just getting better and better.

"And the Fire Department has been alerted as well.  Didn't want to take the chance."

"Good call," Maddox stated as Lance took a better look at the dwelling.  The curtains were drawn over the windows, so they couldn't see inside the building.  

Lance waved down the bullhorn.  "Names," he directed at the officer.

"Dennis Carver and Abigail Lawrence."  

So they weren't married.  "And the aggressor?"

"Lawrence, but we think Carver's the geomancer or whatever they call it.  Neighbors say he's always been rather introverted while she seemed more dominant.  Sounds more like a battered boyfriend in this case and he hit his breaking point."

That was actually a surprise, but Lance did not show it.  He was in Stone Cold mode now.  He pressed the mic button and raised the horn to his lips.  "Mr. Carver....Ms. Lawrence...this is Detective Stone with the Supernatural Task Force."

"Go away, Five-Oh," came an angry but very female voice.  "My boy-friend is just a whiny bitch."  At the cuckolding, the building began to rock again.  

"Stop calling me a whiny bitch!" Dennis presumably cried and a crack ran up the foundation.  It looked and sounded like he had finally grown a pair and was standing up for himself.  Unfortunately, he was probably going to take them all down with him.

"Mr. Carver, let us come in and separate you two..."

"No," Dennis called out.  "Day in and day out she belittles me.  Well not anymore!  I am too a man."

"Do it, you little shit.  You won't.  No balls!"

"Shit," Maddox uttered.  "We have to get in there now."  They were checking their tasers when the crack in the foundation went perpendicular and cut the sidewalk in front of the home.  The force of the seismic wave bowled those closest to the building over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Watery fireball really wasn't the turn of phrase he would have used, but it was somewhat applicable. Break a water main for the water, then an underground gas main - if there were any - and add the arc from the underground electrical services there were obviously going to be in a neighborhood like this, there was your fireball. Not the most fun of all possible outcomes. "Fantastic." he deadpanned, slipping his sunglasses on against the glare of the midday sun while he considered the location. It was better than an apartment building at least, who knew what the seismic assault would have done against a large building like that.

He considered for a few minutes, pushing a hand back through his hair. Neighbors were understandably filtering out, afraid and wondering at the source of the tremors. Dogs, naturally, were barking in the tiny backyards many of the houses had... The pair inside knew they were out front. Neither sounded like terribly bright types, but then again bright sorts usually didn't get into screaming matches that involved the entire block. Not that, pre-Veil, they could have done without some rather illegal military hardware, but...

Derek cleared his weapons while Lance tried his hand at the megaphone, but when the shouts only escalated - as did the sudden shock that threw some of the neighbors over and forced Derek to reach a hand out and clap it onto the Charger for balance, he shook his head. "I was in Homicide for ten years. I cannot TELL you how thrilled I am to be working domestic disturbances again, just because one of the idiots involved won the genetic lottery when the Veil dropped."

While he griped, in the sort of professional manner appropriate for a thirteen year veteran of the force, Derek reached into the Charger and popped the trunk. He paced around to the back and pulled out the Mossberg combat shotgun that was more or less standard issue for jobs requiring more than just a Taser and a .40 S&W, which he began pumping translucent white shells into - rubber buckshot. "Alright, Wings, here's a plan." he drawled, his tone rather lighter than the situation deserved. Derek didn't have much of an emotionless mode like Lance seemed so fond of, but he had seen and done a bit too much in his years with the SCPD (and the Marines) to let something like this rattle him. He was about to talk about breaking into a home and shooting a man before he caused an earthquake that did real damage, but from his tone, he could just as easily have been discussing last night's baseball game.

"I'm gonna stay out front and be charming, keep their attention. You take two of the Unis -" Uniformed officers "-around back, and go in from there. And I don't know about you, but I don't know if I want to gamble that Captain Masculine in there doesn't take the neighborhood with him if we give him a seizure, so - rubber up." He racked the pump on the shotgun, then tossed it lightly at the other detective, extending his hand for the megaphone afterward. After all. Derek wasn't the one with the speed healing and energy shields.

"Oh, almost forgot." He reached back into the trunk, and pulled out a bag  of large dog treats, which he offered with a grin. "Always a good idea." Hey... when going through backyards, never underestimate the dog treats. He'd spent a summer reading meters for the power company as a kid - that was a lesson he'd learned well. "If the back door is locked, signal before you kick. I'll be sure to make some noise of my own." he added, tapping the radio on his shoulder before turning back to the house.

Assuming Lance didn't feel like arguing the plan, Derek walked back around to the hood of the car, lifting the 'phone and keying the mic. "Excuse me - Before anyone goes proving anything, if I might have a word? Mr Carver, you really don't have to bring down the neighborhood. I mean, Miss Lawrence really doesn't sound like much of a peach, but did the neighbors do anything to deserve it? Just think of how much foam there's going to be, next time someone cracks a Coke."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:47 pm

"I was in Homicide for ten years. I cannot TELL you how thrilled I am to be working domestic disturbances again, just because one of the idiots involved won the genetic lottery when the Veil dropped."

It didn't phase Lance all that much. He had only been a beat patrol officer before he went on leave a few years ago. Young 'uns like himself didn't rise to Homicide unless they personally knew the Commissioner or did something so press-worthy. Lance had the latter, but of the negative kind. He was sort of the Boy Who Cried Monster around the precinct after a were coyote attacked his circle of friends. Climbing the promotion ladder was pretty much out of the question when you had to be restrained from striking suspects to get that monstrous side into the light.

So it was somewhat ironic when the Department sent a formal letter of apology when the hobgoblins didn't take their masks off after last Halloween and asked him to come back as part of the Supernatural Task Force. He accepted the reinstatement without giving an "I told you so" even though he really wanted to. The loss of his soulmate, Lorelei, had taken any joy out of the response. Lance had merely suited up and reported to ride along with Maddox.

"Not exactly what I signed up for either, but what if today turns him into one of those X-Men villians." Yeah, his mind went dark real quick even if he was referencing comic books.

"Alright, Wings, here's a plan." Derek knew about Lance's other personality. Eiael had manifested a few times to when they needed to whisk away a weapon or a potential victim. The Anointed's ability to orb also let the duo pop into a spot before SWAT could breach the doors.

"I'm gonna stay out front and be charming. Lance cocked an eyebrow. Charming was not how he would describe his partner. [color=white]"-----around back, and go in from there. And I don't know about you, but I don't know if I want to gamble that Captain Masculine in there doesn't take the neighborhood with him if we give him a seizure, so - rubber up." He racked the pump on the shotgun, then tossed it lightly at the other detective. Lance exchanged the megaphone for it.

"Oh, almost forgot." Derek reached back into the trunk, and pulled out a bag of large dog treats, which he offered with a grin. "Always a good idea."

"Amen," Lance said as he pocketed the treats in his cargo pants. There was a book series about a former military police officer who solved boardwalk murders in cargo pants and carried dog treats around for just a scenario. John Ceepak was his literary hero. That and can't question the character's taste in music: Springsteen. "If the back door is locked, signal before you kick. I'll be sure to make some noise of my own." he added, tapping the radio on his shoulder before turning back to the house.

Lance pressed the stock of the weapon into the crook of his shoulder, careful to make sure it didn't slip against his bicep. He had done that once as a rookie and got a nasty green bruise for a week. Derek walked back around to the hood of the car, lifting the 'phone and keying the mic. "Excuse me - Before anyone goes proving anything, if I might have a word? Mr Carver, you really don't have to bring down the neighborhood. I mean, Miss Lawrence really doesn't sound like much of a peach, but did the neighbors do anything to deserve it? Just think of how much foam there's going to be, next time someone cracks a Coke."

"Property values are tanking anyway!"

"What kind of man watches that much HGTV?"

"Better than that Runway shit you watch."

"You watch it with me!"

"Cuz Tyra is hotter than you."

Lance, Simmons, and Berkley had made it to the back door by this point. It didn't sound like the situation had calmed down any. Lance tested the knob and realized it was in fact locked. Smart move in the city. He stepped aside so Berkley and Simmons could line up the portable ram.

"In position, Maddie. How's your charm working?" A rare jibe from the man without humor.

"Oh. So you're into skinny bitches."

"Better than being in you." Cracks started racing up the sides of the building. The windows on either side of the back door fractured in instead of out.

"Last chance, Derek!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Derek took his finger off the trigger of the megaphone, lowering it slightly and lifting a brow as the two started yelling again. "Christ, these two..." he muttered. When Lance's voice came over the radio, he reached up to his shoulder and keyed his own radio.

"Oh, fantastic. Give me a five count and step on the lovebirds."

He lifted the megaphone back up and tried again. "I thought Project Runway was Heidi Klum. You know, 'make it work' and all that. " As he spoke, he looked to the unis at his side and motioned for one of them to grab their own ram - they'd be going as soon as he got some indication that Lance and the others were inside.

"And really, there's nothing wrong with that, she's a legend for a good reason I'm told. The point is, just because you two are arguing doesn't mean you have to bring the neighborhood down. There's a news crew on the way, I'm sure the pair of you would be GREAT on Maury." he was counting in his head, when he hit the five he'd told Lance to wait on, he held the megaphone out at length and just triggered the siren. It was loud, and it was distracting... and in the middle of a conversation it might just be confusing enough to make them miss it when their back door was smashed in.

"Shit, sorry, I hit the wrong key!"

As soon as he heard anything from the inside though, he and the others would charge the front door, weapons drawn. No time to waste now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:27 pm

[color=white]~Oh, fantastic. Give me a five count and step on the lovebirds.~

One Mississippi....two Mississippi......

"I thought Project Runway was Heidi Klum. You know, 'make it work' and all that. "

Why does he know that? but Lance did not bother to ask. Maybe he'd razz the guy later.

".......There's a news crew on the way, I'm sure the pair of you would be GREAT on Maury."

Five Mississippi. Without needing to be told, the officers swung the ram and obliterated the door knob just as the siren went off. The trio barely heard Maddox's apology over the trampling of their own feet.

"Where's the glass?" Simmons called out.

"The what?" Lance replied. He was too busy running around the small kitchenette table.

"The windows sucked in like a vaccuum right? Why is there no glass on floor?" He had an Adrian Monk level of OCD and noticed things like this. Simmons was wasted as a patrolman.

"We'll figure that out later," Berkley commented as he began clearing the hallway.

They quickly got to the living room where the only other occupant was a teenage boy of some kind of mixed heritage. He was sitting Indian style (or cross-legged for the politically correct) beside a diorama of a house made inside a shoebox. Lance was pretty sure he didn't see anything about children being on the premises.

"Hey, kid," Lance said bluntly. "Where are your parents?"

"You think he can get me on Letterman instead?" the boy replied in a voice that didn't fit his body. In fact, it was the same voice the cops outside were hearing. "It'd really jumpstart my career," he mirrored in Abigail's voice.

"Look at the cracks on the outside," Simmons pointed out the scribbles on the shoebox. They matched the foundation fractures on the house. A fine tipped magic marker lay right next to them.

"Voodoo house?" Berkley inquired. "That's just creepy."

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice. Or rather the street on the other side of the wall, a red Honda CR-V pulled up to the police tape. A tower of power and his equally fit female companion stepped out of the vehicle and tried to bull rush the line. "What the hell is going here?" the cuckolding woman now said from behind the detective. She wrapped her arm around her bae's.

"That's my house," the HGTV watcher said to the officer who tried to keep him back. "Oh my God. Is Jake alright?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Derek and the others hit the front door as Lance's group was entering the kitchen, and used the momentum to smash through the latch with the portable ram, which got dumped on the porch while they swarmed in, and...

"Creepy doesn't begin to cover it." Derek muttered, shaking his head. The commotion outside made him wince, and he pinched his nose for a few seconds, opening his eyes again to take a decent Look at the room. The minuature house glowed fiercely to his sight, innumerable threads spreading out to it, connecting its parts to the larger house in which it sat. He'd never seen anything quite like it, but the kid...

He closed his eyes again, shutting the Sight off before he saw too much of that. There was power roiling in the kid... it was the same energy that suffused the house, but there was a source of anger, of pain there... he didn't need any sort of magic to make guesses. "Lance, better put some Binders on him. Sounds like Mommy and Daddy are outside. No more drawing on the house today, alright kid?" They didn't have a lot for dealing with powered individuals, but they did have cuffs - the binders could temporarily seal most dangerous abilities... so far. He wasn't sure he trusted them, but they were the best the SCPD had at the moment. It was that, or medically induced comas all around, and he wasn't a fan of that approach, no matter how it had caught on with some of the more extreme 'humanist' groups.

Some of the others just wanted the inhumans killed.

This was abruptly more delicate than he liked them. He didn't want to end up in a situation where they needed to Taze a kid, but on the bright side, since he didn't see replicas of anything else in the area... it did explain why the damage seemed more or less limited. "Letterman's retiring, guess you'll have to see about Colbert." he muttered, stepping back to the front door and motioning to the uni to let the parents through, though he met them on the lawn and barred their path themselves.

"That's going to have to be far enough for a moment. Kid's fine. This the first time anything like this has happened?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:07 pm

"Lance, better put some Binders on him. Sounds like Mommy and Daddy are outside. No more drawing on the house today, alright kid?"

There were ways to negate one's abilities. Through Eiael, Lance had glimpses of rituals that could do it properly. They unfortunately required a good amount of preparation and were better suited for holding cells. But the police brass wanted field ready applications as of yesterday which led to the creation of the Binders. Lance was just waiting for the Super it didn't work on. This was hasty construction. And not everyone used their hands to shape their talents. Still, the young detective motioned for the teen to hold out his wrists.

"Letterman's retiring, guess you'll have to see about Colbert." Derek muttered.

"Meh. He's funny, but I don't think he's got the same pull." He slipped into the bracelets. "Whoa, cool cuffs man. Can you take a selfie of me in them?"

"That...isn't a selfie," Lance found himself stating.

"That's going to have to be far enough for a moment. Kid's fine. This the first time anything like this has happened?"

"Certainly would explain why your brother wanted us to watch him for the weekend, hon," the woman said to her man a little tersely.

"I'm going to..." Dennis stopped himself before he said 'kill' but continued with, "that rat bastard."

"Fortunately no one was injured," Lance stated. "But we do have grounds for reckless endangerment." And that was why he was called Stone Cold. He could be the conscience of the duo, but he did defer judgement. Not everyone was a werewolf in human clothing. It wasn't that far fetched anymore. That didn't mean he was opposed to locking everyone up in one of the aforementioned anti-magic cells and let someone sort through the occupants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:20 pm

The Binders weren't perfect, probably. They were also the only portable application suppressant they had for people with powers, at least so far. They'd all been trained not to let their guards down, the trick was to remember that training. Even when the person in question was a kid. Derek however had never been the sort to show tension. He hadn't been in Iraq, and now that he was a not-so-small-town cop, that hadn't changed in the slightest. Which was probably why the thing he reacted to most strongly about the situation was Lance's comment about Colbert.

"That was blasphemy. Of all people, you should know better..." he muttered, tsk-tsking as they started to move outside. The kid's comment drewa chuckle. "Kid, your education is seriously out of whack..." he added, agreeing with Lance's earlier comment.

Outside, the older man's words drew another lifted brow from Derek. "Nice save." he said, his tone dripping with scorn at the near-miss murder threat in front of a pair of police detectives. Guy had some issues to work out with his anger, it sounded like. And with his brother, for that matter. Not to mention the kid with the voodoo powers...

Lance liked to deliver the hard facts, which Derek was fine with. Better if only one of them tried to be stony, and stoic wasn't necessarily Derek's schtick. "That's assuming there wasn't any damage to your neighbors' properties, or the underground utility lines. You're going to need to come down to the station to give a statement, and accompany the minor. If he's your brother's child, we're going to need his contact information as well. You're aware that minors displaying abilities are the responsibility of the guardian, same as if the kid got a hold of a gun?"

This was going to end up in the news. People with powers and whether or not they needed to be registered was enough of a hot button issue. The idea of putting kids in special schools even more so. The legal system was badly underprepared for all of this, even so many months later the laws had yet to adapt. Which reminded him...

"Out of curiosity, exactly how much do you two argue?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

"That was blasphemy. Of all people, you should know better..." Derek muttered, tsk-tsking as they started to move outside. The kid's comment drewa chuckle. "Kid, your education is seriously out of whack..."

"Oh, I whack all the time."

"Too much information, kid." Simmons was straining to keep himself from palming his face. "Just...no."

Lance liked to deliver the hard facts, which Derek was fine with. Better if only one of them tried to be stony, and stoic wasn't necessarily Derek's schtick. "That's assuming there wasn't any damage to your neighbors' properties, or the underground utility lines. You're going to need to come down to the station to give a statement, and accompany the minor. If he's your brother's child, we're going to need his contact information as well. You're aware that minors displaying abilities are the responsibility of the guardian, same as if the kid got a hold of a gun?"

"Yeah. Of course. I'll get you his number, but he's on a cruise and doesn't have unlimited...what?" Carver was surprised at the last part. "He grabs himself unsupervised and we're at fault? That's just perverted."

"Think of it more like a professional boxer who has to register his hands as lethal weapons," Lance added.

"Oh." That explanation seemed to sink in. "But we didn't even know..."

No one really reacted to that line. It was all too common of an excuse. However, the effects of the veil falling were still popping up. It could technically be possible that the kid was a late bloomer.

"Out of curiosity, exactly how much do you two argue?" Derek asked.

"I wouldn't exactly call it arguing," Abigail state.

"Babe," Dennis sounded sheepish.

"Oh they're going to find out anyway. I watch Law and Order. It's better we tell them now." Simmons only nodded. "Denny may be all macho in public, but he..." she stole a quick glance at her boyfriend's nephew, "likes it when I insult him in the bedroom, if you catch my drift."

A cuckold fantasy. Not the craziest one I've heard about.

"Again....too much information."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:30 pm

"Jesus." Derek muttered at the kid's comment, pinching the bridge of his nose as they left the house. The man and woman didn't have much else useful to contribute to the discussion, and their airheadedness wasn't helping them any as far as he was concerned, but at least with the last part...

"Yeah. That explains a lot. Maybe don't do it when you have a kid in the house, Christ." He motioned for one of the uniforms to start loading people up, then he walked back over to the car to grab the radio. "Badge 35780 to dispatch - We've got one minor inbound for processing. Enhanced - Code... Hell. I don't think we have a code for thaumaturgic right now. Mark it as other. Also got one male and one female for statements, temporary guardians of the kid. Contact the parents as soon as we get an ID." He waited for confirmation on the other end, then clipped the radio mic back into its cradle and pulled a notepad out of his pocket along with a heavy duty steel pen that he began making notes with.

He walked back over to Lance when that part was done, hoping they didn't have to deal with the aunt and uncle again. "Well. That was horrifying." he deadpanned, shaking his head a bit. "Going to be a real fun bit of paperwork, too. Another wonderful day in the life."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)   "5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed) Empty

Back to top Go down

"5-1-5-O, somebody call the po-po" (Open, Wes may most likely be needed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
When The Veil Falls :: Starling City :: Downtown-
Jump to: